St Mary the Virgin Parochial Church Council (PCC)
St. Mary’s PCC has the responsibility of co-operating with the incumbent priest-in-charge in promoting in the ecclesiastical parish the whole mission of the Church, pastoral, evangelistic, social and ecumenical. The council also makes decisions, in conjunction with the diocese, about the upkeep of the church. Meetings take place in Vernham Dean usually six times a year.
All Church attendees are encouraged to register on the Electoral Roll and stand for election to the PCC at the annual meeting.
The current PCC membership is as follows:
- Alan Butterworth, Church Warden and Electoral Roll Officer
- David Holmes, Church Warden and Lay Preacher
- Ronnie Cox, Gift Aid Secretary
- Charlotte Farquharson, Treasurer
- John Baker
- Jill Palmer, Deanery Synod representative and Lay Preacher
- Dot Raynsford, Verger
- Tom Backhouse, Secretary
If you would like any more information please contact Tom Backhouse on 737264 or email email@example.com or the Church Wardens on 731282 (Alan) or 737606 (David).