Vernham Dean Parish Council has an overall responsibility for the well-being of our local community. The work falls into three main categories:
1. Representing the local community.
2. Delivering services to meet local needs.
3. Striving to improve quality of life in the parish.
The council is made up of 8 councillors who meet bi-monthly to make decisions on the work and direction of the council. As elected bodies parish councils are responsible to the local community.
Each year a sum of money called a ‘precept’is collected through the council tax. This money is used by the parish council to improve facilities and services for local people.
Everyone is welcome to attend council meetings. They take place on the second Monday bi-monthly and the agenda is published on the noticeboard and the website. They are held on the Milennium Hall and generally commence at 7.30pm.
You can raise any issue to be discussed by emailing the clerk to the Council Karen Nightingale on email@example.com
|Michael Knight||Deputy Chair/Highwaysfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mary Perry||Village Hallemail@example.com|
|Will Hawkins||Playing Fieldsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Notice given under Rule 5 of the of the Local Elections (Parishes and Communities) (England and Wales) Rules 2006
1. There is a vacancy on the Parish Council caused by the resignation of Michael Knight
2. A by-election to fill the vacancy will be held if, not later than Thursday 5 of April 2018, ten electors for the parish give notice in writing, claiming such an election be held, to the Returning Officer. If no such notice is given the Parish Council will fill the vacancy by co-option
3. The address of the Returning Officer is –
Test Valley Borough Council Council Offices Beech Hurst Weyhill Road Andover SP10 3AJ
Notice given this 14th day of March 2018
Clerk of the Parish Council